Jan 19, 2012

Newborn hooded towel set

Here is a quick project I made a couple months ago. I've been trying to make more baby things instead of buying. It takes more time, obviously, but it saves money, and I can make it look however I want! I had some infant towel sets saved from when Kade was a baby, but they were made with very thin material, and don't seem like they would be very warm or snuggly!

For this towel, I used a super soft white bathrobe of mine. The zipper had broken, and I never wore it very often anyway. For the front of the hood, and the back of the towel, I used some black and white hounds-tooth cotton fabric that I found at the thrift store (3 yards for $2!). For the binding, I used a lime green ikea sheet from my son's toddler bed, which we don't have any more. I also made a matching washcloth and two mits.


Kade picked out the black ribbon with the skeletons on it to use as tags.

Here it is in use. It is too small to use for very long, but it's super cute, and doesn't Cole look warm and snuggly all wrapped up in it? :)

9 comments:

Our Family said...

Super cute!!!

Riahli said...

Love! It's so awesome how you can take different seemingly useless things and put them all together to make something absolutely cool!

Piotr LA said...

As always, a great article.
pussy cum

Sufia Arsala said...

I have read the full post of Newborn baby because it's very aware and authentic to me from all the ways of making the best and creative services towards the users but there are also very amazing and fantastic services available like having the Local SEO Services in Pakistan.

Web Design Gator said...

I have perused the full post of Newborn child since it's exceptionally mindful and genuine to me from every one of the approaches to making the best and innovative administrations towards the clients yet there are additionally extremely astounding and incredible administrations accessible like having the Front End Development Services .

Super Logo Designs said...

I read the entire post of Newborn Child because it is extremely thoughtful and genuine to me from every angle to giving the best and innovative administrations to the clients, but there are additionally extremely astounding and incredible administrations available, such as Professional Custom Logo Design Services .

Trails And Tails Doodles said...

I read the entire Newborn Child post because it is extremely thoughtful and genuine to me from every angle when it comes to providing the best and most innovative administrations to the clients, but there are additionally extremely astounding and incredible administrations available, such as Goldendoodle Tail .

Royal Book Writers said...

I read the entire Newborn Child post because it struck me as extremely thoughtful and genuine from every angle when it comes to providing the best and most innovative administrations to clients, but there are also a slew of other astounding and incredible administrations, such as Professional Book Writing .

Anonymous said...

I made this small project a few months ago. I've been attempting to make more baby items rather than purchasing them. Obviously, it takes more time, but I end up saving money and have complete creative control. this is good job if anyone is intereted in that work you can also do one more jobe like online digital marketing services.