Dec 31, 2008

Plethora of Terrariums

One of the things I've been working on for the past few months is this group of moss terrariums. I started them in September. I even blogged about it here! After I made my own and loved it, I decided to make some for my moms, my grandmother, and sister-in-law. Kade and I collected all the moss together, he is now an expert at finding and pointing out good moss!

My sister and I made some clay goodies to add a bit of whimsy. I hadn't made anything with clay in years (since highschool?) and it was so much fun! I'm going to have to think of some more clay projects to use up the rest of the clay! Here is what we made:


And here are a couple of the finished terrariums:





The smaller ones were all made out of recycled jars- I think there is an Adams Peanut Butter, Hershey's Chocolate, and some kind of spice jar. The other jars are from Ben Franklin.

Next, I made some tags to go along, with directions on care. These really are so easy to care for, great for people lacking a green thumb! Just set in indirect light and water lightly twice a month. That's it!


Wrapping them up- I made custom sized boxes out of used USPS shipping boxes. I measured and cut with scissors, taped with packing tape to secure, and covered the box. I used vintage wall paper that had wrapped a present I received 2 years ago. (My brother-in-law always uses awesome recycled paper for wrapping gifts, like wall paper, maps, and blueprints!) I put tissue paper inside the boxes, added the terrarium with the tag around the neck of the jar, and wrapped the whole thing up in cellophane.

I couldn't wait to give these away!

2 comments:

Riahli said...

You are so talented, crafty lady! Those are beautiful, now I want to make one, cause I like to copy every thing you do and pretend like I am crafty to...

:)

Unknown said...

I think that thanks for the valuabe information and insights you have so provided here.Combinaisons