Oct 29, 2008

Time for Pumpkins

We got to go twice this year- once with Kade's preschool class, and once again with just us three. Jer and Kade get the easy job of choosing a design, and I somehow got assigned the harder task of designing it and carving it. How did that happen? Seriously, I don't know!

I am getting a little more adventurous with it year after year. In the past I have done the normal jack-o-lantern faces, a bat in front of a full moon, an owl, a monster, "ABC", stars, and a zombie. This year, Kade wanted a cat- not surprising, since he asks if we can get a cat every single day! That was easy enough. Then Jer found all these pictures of amazing Star Wars pumpkins, and was like, "do that!"

At least he has faith in my pumpkin carving skills! I found a storm trooper picture online that was easy enough to re-create on my pumpkin. Not sure that anyone would know what it is, though, unless they were into Star Wars. Otherwise, it's just a bald, pupil-less monster with a unibrow, mustache, bad teeth, gills, and humongous dimples. Pretty scary, right?

3 comments:

Our Family said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!! You are so talented!!!

Riahli said...

Hey I found you! I didn't know you had a blog...Cute pumpkins! I love your new dolls too by the way, they are super adorable.

Mike said...

I love the Star Wars type craving going on.