Sep 13, 2008

The first year he didn't need me

I am so used to Kade clinging onto my arm or leg, hiding behind me, not wanting to do anything by himself. This year at the fair he completely took me by surprise. He would not allow Jer or I to do any of the rides with him! Well, actually, Jer did go on the first two with him, but only because we thought Kade didn't really mean that he wanted to go by himself. After those two, however, we were officially pushed to the sidelines. Jer was fine with it, but someone told me I looked a little sad... and I kept thinking to myself, "he better not unbuckle himself!" I guess I was a little forlorn at first, because he didn't need me... wow, how selfish am I?! Mostly, it was really a relief to me to see him being independent, especially with him starting preschool this year and being away from me for the first time. It's great to see him making these steps on his own, happily and willingly. My shy baby is growing up and starting to come out of his shell, little by little.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Kade!!! Gramma Gwen and Grampa Herald are very proud of you, Kade :o)