Mar 14, 2008

Getting stuff done

This week has been a big week for finishing projects!

I completed the bag my sister ordered from me. It turned out just like I hoped it would (which usually NEVER happens, so I was surprised!) The back has a huge full size pocket, with a corner opening, trimmed with the cute Japanese twill tape. The inside is the teal fabric and has 3 pockets plus a loop for sunglasses or keys. My sister picked it up yesterday and was really happy with it, which is all that matters, really!

And after that was completed, I made another Owl Messenger and started three sock monkeys. One is already up in the shop. I'm not much of a pink person, but I love this yummy monkey! I also started work on a whole new idea that is quite exciting. It's still in my head right now and I don't want to say much about it before I get it figured out, but I will say this: it is soft and involves the alphabet!

Today my sister and I took K and my nephew to see this movie:



Horton Hears a Who was the cutest movie I have seen in a long time! I am glad I have the excuse of having a child as the reason I go to kiddie movies, because I would go anyways :) I'm just a nerd like that. It was my nephew's first movie at the theater, and I was worried it would be too loud, too scary, or too something... but he loved it too! The only problem he had was staying in his seat. On the way home we stopped and got chocolate milk for the boys. K was in the back seat yelling, "oh NO, the WORLD, it has FALLEN into the chocolate milk, what EVER will they DO?!?!?!" Actually it sounded much differently, but I, the translator, have translated it for you so you don't have to do the work.

Just now K woke up from a nap and told me he had a "ho-bibbo" dream where the fish bowl squirted water into his eyes and the frog got stuck under his eyelid and I told him he could get it out so he put his head really close to the fish bowl and opened his eyes really big and the froggy went back into the water (that is the short version).

He is still sitting there on the couch, shaking his head, saying, "it was soooo ho-bibbo. I am sewious, so so ho-bibbo. You know what sewious means? It means a LOT of ho-bibbo."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Guess who won prize #37?
Yep it's you! Please be patient while the prize donor is contacted. They will be in touch with you soon. Congratulations!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You make the cutest bags, totally adorable!! We are going to see that movie this weekend, can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Love the monkey! How adorable is that!?